With Millions of Americans suffering from Gum Disease, our practice strives to remain up to date with the latest technologies and techniques available for its treatment. Traditional therapies have included Scaling and Root Planing, Pocket Reduction Surgery, Guided Tissue Regeneration, bone grafting, placement of antibiotic or biologic growth enhancing agents, Root amputation, and various other specific Periodontal procedures.
LANAP® Therapy is an FDA cleared laser dental treatment on the market and is backed by several scientific and research studies. The LANAP® therapy involves the application of the PerioLase® MVP-7 digital dental laser to eliminate the disease causing bacteria. This is an impressive leap in the technology used to treat gum disease. The LANAP® protocol now gives us a gentle and effective way to stop the damage being done by the harmful bacteria infecting the gums.
We are proud to offer this state of the art technology as one of our therapeutic options within our office. Patients who have had this form of laser treatment report that they have little or no discomfort after the procedure. With this breakthrough laser treatment capability we are able to safely and effectively treat most periodontal diseases.
Benefits of LANAP®
• Fast Healing Times - The procedure is minimally invasive and allows the body to heal quickly.
• Minimal Discomfort - Patients experience little to no discomfort and it is very rare that there is need to prescribe any type of pain medication following the procedure.
• Less Downtime - Many patients that choose laser dental procedures can go back to their daily activities the same day.
• Little to No Gum Recession - Laser dental procedures for gum surgery do not typically lower the level of the gum line.
• Reduced Inflammation and Bleeding - The procedure is focused on removing inflamed tissues while leaving the rest of the healthy gum tissue intact. There is also less bleeding involved.
• Bone Regeneration – Laser gum surgery has been shown in the literature to regenerate bone & tissue around the teeth.
• Safety - There are few contraindications involved with this laser dental procedure.
Please contact our office for more information about this laser procedure and its applicability to your dental needs. We appreciate the opportunity to provide you with this gentle and effective treatment.