We hope this letter finds you happy and healthy. We want to take a moment to remind you that our top priority is always your health, safety and well- being. As we reopen our clinic, on May 11th, we do so with much caution as we’ve been following the guidelines set forth by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the American Dental Association (ADA). After much preparation, we feel confident that we have taken the appropriate measures to keep traffic and exposure to a minimum.
You should anticipate noticing the following protective efforts when you enter our dental clinic:
- All patients will answer a screening questionnaire prior to arrival. Appointments will be rescheduled if risk of patient transmission of illness, including COVID-19 has been determined.
- Face masks, gloves and additional personal protective equipment will be worn by our FRONT office staff personnel.
- Increased efforts to disinfect throughout our office, bathrooms and waiting area.
- Increased protocols in our exam rooms. Disposable plastic wrap for furniture changed between patients, all surfaces disinfected with chemical germicide between each patient and increased ventilation to remove aerosols.
- Increased protective barriers will be worn by our staff who provide dental care. Gowns, face shields, and level III or N-95 masks.
- Aerosol control through High Volume Evacuation during dental procedures.
In addition to our efforts, we ask for your cooperation and support with the following temporary safety measures:
- Maintain social distancing practice in our waiting room, including office staff. We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce the number of patients in the waiting room. This might mean that you are offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- Wait in your car upon arrival if possible. Give us a call to let us know you have arrived and we will notify you when were ready for you to come in.
- Immediately wash your hands or use hand sanitizer upon arrival.
- Have your temperature taken.
- Please do not bring friends or relatives who do not have a scheduled appointment. Only scheduled patients will be allowed into e treatment and common area.
Thank you for your patience and flexibility as we all work towards improving safety measure when you return to our clinic. We promise to keep you updated through this dynamic situation. In the meantime, maintain good oral care and we look forward to making you smile soon!
Dr. Rodriguez and your Dental Team at Jupiter Periodontics